Monday, January 08, 2007

Employee of the Week

So I took a week and a half away from work over the holidays, and savoured every second of it. Came back to work for three days last week, and was named Employ-o-rama of the Week this week in the Monday Morning Memo.
What does this mean for me?
It means I should work three day weeks all the time.
Or it means, I did a full weeks work in three days.
Or it means they drew my name out of a hat and I got the closest parking spot for this week because of sheer luck.

I am not sure what to make of this honour. I am told by some former Employees of the Week that not only do I get the best parking spot, I also get a nice little certificate, and a $20 movie card.
Man, I am not going to be able to get through the door with my swolen ego.
I'll have to go continue surfing for job opportunities before I get comfortable again. I'll return later on.

No comments: