Monday, February 02, 2009

Slowly recovering

We made it back without much trouble or delay, but we were without our bags - and still are in fact - but the phone just rang that our bags have arrived in Edmonton and will be delivered between 3 and 7 o'clock this evening. Yay!!!! Now I can shower all my friends in gifts!!! But more importantly I can give my laundry machine a full scale work-out.

I didn't bring too many clothes to Africa, but those that I did bring are certainly in serious need of a wash. Poor customs guys and girls who had to open up those bags.

What an amazing trip! It was a terribly quick 15 days or whatever it ended up being, but slowly everything is getting done. The pictures are being developed as we speak and I will get the laundry going this evening. Back to work on Wednesday or Thursday (still not sure which one) and all will be back to normal.

The wedding was splendid, and we had a wonderful safari with my folks. Livingston and Victoria Falls were incredible, and the weather was HOT! I am still organizing pics and trying to figure out how to show them all off on here. So stay tuned and I will add some shortly.

1 comment:

Mélanie said...

I was wondering when you'd be getting home... I know you briefly crossed paths with Marty and Patricia I think... (or did you arrive at the same time as your folks?) Wish we could have been there for Sarah and Alvin's big day! Looking forward to seeing the pictures ;)
Melanie