Monday, February 09, 2009

Victoria Falls January 25-27, 2009

We stayed at the same place my folks stayed when they were first there. Fawlty Towers. It was a hostel, and wasn't too bad. We had a little private chalet type thing which was nice. I think my days of sleeping in a dorm room style hostel are over.
Here we are at the big falls. Mosi beer in Africa is named after these falls. Mosi-oa-tunia meaning The Smoke That Thunders.
I couldn't get over the beautiful lush forest. Everything was super green and there was lots and lots of water being rainy season and all.
The bridge leads over to Zimbabwe. And you can bungee jump off of there. Needless to say I didn't do that.
And this was certainly the highlight of the trip to Livingston. We saw a sign the said, Boiling Pot 650 metres. I didn't realize it was that steep. And right through the jungle. I could've honestly used a machete. But it was well worth it.

1 comment:

Mélanie said...

Awesome to read about your trip Tom ;) I'm jealous! - Melanie