Friday, February 06, 2009

Mukambi Safari Lodge

This was certainly one of the most memorable parts of the trip! We were the only 4 guests at the entire lodge. Thanks goodness my parents were there. I'll never know how awkward it would've been to have 15 staff falling all over themselves for me and Dev.

Here's the sausage tree we spotted. It's the wallpaper on my computer as we speak.

Here's the Lodge from the Kafue River just before we went out for our fishing trip.Turn around from that last shot and this is the view.Here's mom soaking up some sun on the deck of the Villa. Because we were only 4 people (I had booked a tent, and mom and dad a chalet) they moved us into a Villa. It was gorgeous, yet a little sketchy if you know what I mean. There were beautiful twenty foot ceilings and a nice deck on the river --- but spiders the size of a kiwi fruit on the wall. Yipes!

And the first elephant we saw. Not the closest we got, but it was terribly exciting. It was about an hour into the game drive when we spotted him. I could've turned around and gone back to Lusaka after that. It was worth it right there!

No comments: