Tuesday, February 03, 2009

They're here

My bags finally arrived at 930 this morning. So it wasn't quite between 3pm and 7 pm, but we got them.
The guy was a total prick and seemed as though I put him out in some way. He wondered why I didn't pick up the phone when he buzzed me at 2 AM (which didn't really happen to begin with). So I open the luggage to find out it had been totally ripped apart at Customs and we lost a couple of little trinkets we had brought back. One of the elephants tusks went missing, and a little stone thing was broken. A hippo lost his legs. They had even opened up Dev's camera bag and we are missing the flash drive, but that will all work itself out in time. Now I am just happy that the laundry machine is purring in the background.

I think I had better start from the very beginning with my pics though. So I will start with Washington, DC just a few days before the inauguration of Obama. We missed the plane to Jo'berg because of a delay out of Denver and had to spend a night in this fancy resort.
The sign on the back of the door said it cost $419/night. Yipes!!!! But I was more interested in the fact that we weren't even in Washington, DC. We were really in Leesburg, Virginia.
I was lucky enough to get up close and personal with the new President.
Would you like the chicken or the beef, sir? NEITHER THANKS!

No comments: