Friday, April 11, 2008

Taken off life support

Another one is gone down the pipes. From the original 8 fish, one of the Cardinal Tetra's had his/her tail eaten off and was thus sent to a better place. He/she was trying to hide behind the Egyptian head I have in the tank and it was just too sad. The area where the tail had been chewed had this cloudy little jelly-like thing around it so I decided he had to be put out of his/her misery.
It's looking pretty good for the tank being empty by the time I leave for holidays in late May! I don't know if I want to arrange for Kevin to come over every couple of days to feed two little fish. Like I said before though, the first tetra I ever had lasted four years. Maybe one of these is a fighter. I think the life expectancy is more like four days.
It's my last weekday off today, and I don't really know where the time went. I had a delicious day yesterday going out for lunch and getting my grocery shopping done. Checked out a new camping store which was rather disappointing, but I wasn't working. This weekend should be very nice so I will try to ram as much fun into it as possible, and get back to work on Monday. Should be interesting to see how out-of-shape I can become in one week.

No comments: