Monday, October 30, 2006

Try again tomorrow

I hadn't been thinking about it too much to be honest. I don't know why, but about three weeks ago I got it into my head that I was going to see if I could get a raise.
I tried twice in a matter of days to ask the boss. One time he said "maybe" and the other he said "we'll see".
The first time I approached him, he was able to turn the tables on me pretty quickly. He says. "What, not enough beer money?" And although it's true, I was serious.
So the second time I was more prepared. I did some research, and I put a lot of thought into how I would ask.
He was leaving for holidays for two weeks, so I had to do it before he was gone.
Well, now I am having another meeting at the bar with him tomorrow afternoon in a sort of show planning session. What direction is the show going in?
Well, it's time to ask about a formal review, and evaluation. Maybe even toss about a number, but we'll see how that goes tomorrow.
I better flip through those notes again, because this guy seems to know how to avoid the issue.
If I am doing a poor job, I need to know, and they need to tell me to pack my bags. I am inclined to think they would've done that by now.

No comments: