Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Are you sure the numbers are high enough?

A new study shows that one in 12 people in Canada are dissatisfied with their jobs. Wow, no kidding.
Maybe it has to do with pay. How does someone survive as they try to get a start in their chosen career? Oh, wait I didn't want this thing to become somewhere where I came to bitch, and I wasn't going to make it too autobiographical. The fact is, many, many people are in a situation like this.....
It's hard paying your dues, or gathering experience. Or working toward something bigger and better.
How does someone stay satisfied when they are going somewhere they don't really want to be? How do you keep your head high, when you take a kicking everytime you go to work?
Now the other part of the survey says depression is a major factor at the work place. This is where my stubborness comes in, and I say get off your behind, and find something you like.
But the bottom line is, people are afraid of change. How easy it is to get comfortable.
The pay check, albeit very small, keeps coming in every two weeks, and you can't get ahead in order to have a little bit of breathing room to take a chance and move on.
The saddest thing is hearing someone say they only have 15 more years until they can retire. How can someone put themselves through that? Wishing away fifteen years, so you can do what exactly? The ultimate dream is to have a job you love going to everyday, one that pays you, one that gives you time to live, and enjoy some little extras every once in a while.
I certainly don't feel the need to be "rich" because I am already fabulously rich in many ways. I don't need millions in the bank to enjoy a little bit of travellling and a nice meal out. I currently pay more rent than I would like, but I get by.
I love going to work for the most part, and I work in one of the most exciting industries in the world. Hell, I work in show business. Radio talkshows aren't the first thing someone thinks of when they hear show-biz, but in a way it is.
At the end of the day, one needs challenges, and one needs to stay sharp. If you have to try really hard everyday to make exciting things happen, the rewards are abundant.
If you just coast through without ever taking a chance, taking a risk, there's no hope at happieness.
I know this is something I used to bat around on in University, but it really is true. There are only two choices in life. And every decision we make is based on either FEAR or LOVE. It defines every aspect of our lives, good or bad.

No comments: