Saturday, July 04, 2009

Try again

It's funny to think I've neglected this for so long. I guess I've had reason to do so, but I've found an interest this morning after looking through a few things on the computer and thinking of the changes that have taken place in my life recently.

I looked at Sarah's blog and how diligently she's been posting things from her trip back home. I am amazed at the thoughtful inclusion of so many little stories and people who came to see her and Alvin. It was pretty humbling to have those two around for my wedding. I was lucky enough to be there on their big day back in January and couldn't be happier that they were there with us.

So how the hell do I get back into this? I think if I keep it short and sweet and try to do it more regularly - there will be plenty of interesting things to post. I've often wondered why anyone would read this. I'm not doing anything as exciting as living in Zambia..... or enjoying my "mis-spent retirement" with all kinds of trips and adventures like Uncle Willy. (Your Canada Day reflections were really funny)

I have realized however, there are countless things in a persons day-to-day lives that are awfully interesting and there are actually a handful of people who want to see them. Thus I've decided to carry around my little camera when I go golfing with Trevor or Allan. I'll take it when I go to the Canada Day fireworks. I'll take account of our big Wii bowling games.

Thanks for the thoughtful stories Sarah. I'm glad I was able to be with you for most of those parties and visits. Golf, Wii, Dukovac BBQ etc. It was a whirlwind, but I too enjoyed every second.

Let's just hope this isn't like the last post. Big ideas but no action. By the way the Neil Young concert was incredible ;-)

2 comments:

Mélanie said...

keep writing Tom! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not doing anything as exciting


see more