Thursday, July 19, 2007

More to come

I have been getting some grief from a few of my loyal fans for a lack of ANYTHING on here. So I am going to post a quick one, and try to get back on later with some of my pics. On Tuesday I took my driving test for my new job as a letter carrier at Canada Post. Yay!!!! Finally after a long long long haul, I am almost there. On Monday I start getting paid!!! I am not sure why the driving test, but I got a pass rather than a fail although my reversing could certainly use some work.
Tomorrow morning back there for some other certification, and I am starting the paid training on Monday.
So a long stretch of 5 months to the day, I will be back on some one's payroll. I tell you, it can't come soon enough.
I took this ten-foot-tall truck out to make a couple of fake deliveries and rolled through the downtown in the truck and had a pretty good visit with the guy. I don't envy his job, but he was totally relaxed.
I will tell you all later how the return to the work world is treating me, but right now my laundry is finished.
I will try to go through the pictures of my recent trip to the Pembina Folk Music Festival where my friend Jeff Stuart played a stellar set for a bunch of his friends, and Fred Eaglesmith did next-to-nothing to woo his fans over. I enjoyed it thouroughly and especially dipping in the river as the temps soared to the mid-30's. That's hot for us here in Canada.

No comments: