Tuesday, July 03, 2007

1408

Last night I went to see 1408, the movie based on a Stephen King book if my info is correct. It was great. One of those thriller movies I guess. I wouldn't call it a horror flick, mainly because it wasn't gruesome at all. Just full of tricks to make you trip yourself out.
The music would get really loud, and you would get tense and expect something to jump out and scare the hell out of you, but instead nothing happens. Or music will start playing with a sweet lady's voice singing something like, "It's only just the beginning".
I hope you know what I mean.
I think the most annoying part was the way it was filmed. The camera seemed to be spinning around, taking some shots from above, and some of the views were upside-down. Made you kind of dizzy at time.
But the movie had the digital clock coming on while unplugged, or the numbers changing on their own.... all the really frightening stuff from things I would watch as a kid.
I will always think of the Unsolved Mysteries I watched as a kid where the aliens were changing the kids bedside alarm clock/radio. It had to be the same model I happened to have, and always frightened me.
Cool movie though, next will Live Free or Die hard. I wonder if people in New Hampshire like that movie more than anyone else? The motto on their licence plate says "Live Free or Die" - typically American if you ask me.

No comments: