Monday, April 02, 2007

Tom's going to the gym!

hahaha, Yeah I know.....
But it's true. There is this crazy new leisure centre in St. Albert and I went to have a look yesterday and it is amazing! There is a huge pool (mainly for kids I think) and two hockey rinks, a huge gym, and we also get access to the other pools and arenas in town.
For $40/month, I know I could do something else, but I signed up, and think it's not all that bad. Those of you reading this elsewhere, where things aren't the same (Sarah) might think it's dumb, but this place is lots of fun.
I could go outside and walk or run, and I could likely lift weights somewhere else, but this is what I did, and only have one day under my belt, but it was sure fun. I am going to bring swim trunks today and go into the steam room. Ahhhh that will be nice because it is snowing today!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up.
So I started out with one month, and I will give it a go and see how it works.
The two people I know are likely to see this blog, will hopefully see a change come folk fest in August so I can drink extra beer and not worry about the belly. But that is a long ways away. We'll wait and see. Either way I will be drinking beer with you guys.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Gym dumb?? That's brilliant! Does that mean I'll get my skinny brother back??

Woohoo! I've started doing yoga from home with that book Faizal gave me whenever the heck I was last in St. Albert*grin*

Steam it up Toma, & keep enjoying it!! Any pick up basketball there? I could play you in 21?