Saturday, August 15, 2009

Drumheller Part Deux

This first shot is some kind of wild death pose. The thing dies and it's muscles or nerves cause it to be contorted in this way. I'm betting the person who uncovered this was pretty pleased.
Here I am being a little silly, but those are the jaws of a dinosaur. Yipes!
I loved the look of these things. I sometimes like doing jigsaw puzzles,and couldn't stop thinking about finding these bones laying in the dirt and piecing them together to come up with this. Amazing really.
I am not sure any sci-fi writer could dream up anything as scary as this one. Look at the skull on it!!!! I'm glad I wasn't around to see these dinos running around. We may not be at the top of the food chain if the dinosaurs were still kicking.
The museum had three tanks in this wall. One had a fish we still can see in our rivers called a Sturgeon. They have spines on them and I've often thought they looked somewhat pre-historic. Well these things were some kind of Mexican fish that had legs. Hahahah The name started with an "A" but I can't remember what it is. They are just hideous.

1 comment:

Mélanie said...

Crazy! How far is that from Edmonton? (or Calgary?) Sounds like a place to visit with the kids one day if we can ever manage to make it out there someday!!