Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The first leg of our journey

Sorry it's a bit delayed, but between trying to get the pics printed off, and planning for Craig and Jen's wedding, and the first week back at work I am having trouble getting this done.

Here's part one: There were some major floods going on in Southern Alberta. We were at Waterton on the first night. Horrible weather, cold, and the Road to the Sun was closed again. So it was a brief stay.


The next day we crossed the border. We were there at 8:30 eagerly waiting. There wasn't another vehicle to be seen. A little stressful crossing with one lady grilling me and a guy searching the trunk. He felt sorry for us with a car full of camping gear and didn't bother to look too closely.

Waterton National Park is on the Cdn side, and Glacier Park on the Montana side. The rolling hills were amazing. I thought I could have some fun in Montana.

Here's a nervous Tom pretending we are staying in a nice hotel. I am thinking this was the one in Cour D'Alene, Idaho. The motel only cost $45 I think, but they must've been the host accommodations for a dog show. I say countless dogs there. I think perhaps Devyn was more comfortable in the dives than I was. They stunk, the beds were terrible, and the pillows way to thin. Beginning to sound a bit like my mom I think. A good thing of course.


And outside the doggy daycare we found our first big photo op. And a Walgreen's across the street. We bought white cheddar flavoured Cheetos. The delicious hard ones. Rather disappointing really. Tasted just like the orange ones. But yeah, back to the picture. How cool?

No comments: