Friday, May 18, 2007

Hockey Pools

Fascinating.... I am three points out now that Teemu Selanne finally shook out of his rut. The best part about the Oilers not being in the playoffs this year is that I was able to use my brain rather than my heart when picking my fantasy hockey team.
And I am starting to see some movement now that some of my players started to finally score. I am the reigning two-time champion of our regular season pool on sportsnet.ca, but I haven't been able to crack it in the playoffs.
Who would've thought I would be cheering for the Detroit Red Wings? Easy, seeing as I picked Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Zetterberg. Shouldn't be a surprise though seeing as I hate Chris Pronger and wish he would've been suspended for 8 years.
I am keeping faithful to Canada on the Eastern front. I like the Sabres, enjoyed watching them all year, but I just like the way Ottawa has been playing.
So I am three points back, and there's lots of time to come back.

No comments: