Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back to life

Man,
I just went on a three week hiatus from everyone, and this morning I feel as though I am emerging from said absence. I moved back, and just took a couple weeks to myself without phoning a soul. And then the emails start trickling in asking if a missing persons report should be filed.
So I am taking this lovely morning - the morning or my dad's 60th birthday - to catch up with stuff. I went to a job fair yesterday downtown, and saw about ten people who said, "You can go to our website and apply for as many jobs as you like" What exactly is the point of going down to the convention to have them tell me that? I can go to the websites sitting in my underwear at any time.
Oh well, in the digital age, there isn't really a way to find anyone who can actually speak to you. So I rely on the one piece of paper to get me in the door. I hope something works out soon, but I am not in panic mode yet.
I went to a construction site for the last two weeks, and made some cash to tie me over, but that certainly isn't the job for me. It's funny to see the hierarchy of tradespeople though. And those dude's are making a lot of cash. In fact, everyone on that site was making good coin. Just not something I want to do for too long. As one of the grizzled old dude's told me, "You can get a lot further with a sharp mind than with a sore back" - How profound.
One good part is that I am getting a lot of reading done. Something I had been slacking on. One book was called, Water For Elephants, by Sara Gruen which was INCREDIBLE. Read it!
I shall keep this more regular, and then you will all be the first to know when I find a wonderful job that pays me loads of money.
That's all for now.

No comments: