Thursday, November 23, 2006

This is too much

I am looking at my sisters blog and I notice she's missing a few details from her story about my mom. Let me get it right.
My dad is here in Saskatoon visiting me.Yay, steak one night, chicken wings, chicken kung pow the next. Beer all the while. Oilers hockey. You know, stuff guys do with their dad.
We have a ball, he fills my fridge, and off he goes. I now have enough pickles and perogies for anyone who wants to visit.
Dad gets home only to find out my lovely grandmother is not well and she's in surgery for the third time since September when she had her knee replaced.
So, I have to back up a bit, but you know my grandma is not doing too great, she's 83 and getting old. While my dad is here, mom goes out for a couple drinks with her friends and locks herself out of the house.
Because dad is gone she padlocks every door in the house and leaves her keys behind. So she has to squirm in through the laundry room window.
Now this is where my sister missed out on a couple of things.
My dad used to brew beer and long since has abandoned this terrible hobby, but he still has some remenants kicking around. Some of these include a large pail full of bottle caps. So of course that's in the way as she blindly shuffles through the window. Now all over the floor.
And the other part she misses is that all the doors were padlocked, but what is the basement window open for?
I guess I would do the same, after all, it is St. Albert. There are no robbers in St. Albert.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And we both managed to leave out the fact that she'd enjoyed two big glasses of merlot before attempting to climb through any windows*hahahah*

Love ya Toma