Monday, February 28, 2011

What a winter!

I know the mailman doesn't get a lot of sympathy when it comes to the hours I work. But this has been a winter for all winters. We have had snow, ice, melting, freezing and yet more snow. It has been my toughest winter of the four I've worked at Canada Post. The pictures below will show you the snow banks on the side of my driveway.
But first the most exciting news is my new car!!!! I was able to sell the little red Ford to a friends son, and I am the proud new owner of a 2003 Honda Accord. I just put this picture of the old girl for sentiment. I don't really miss her at all!
Pictures of the new car will have to wait for another day. Thanks to Uncle John for helping facilitate the deal through one of his pals.
But you have to take a peek at the snow. Totally insane!


The backyard must have two to three feet of snow because those railway ties are almost covered with snow. It looks brilliant, but today touched the mid-minus 30's with wind chill. I don't always like to include the wind, but when you are walking outside, it counts! Let me tell you! Tomorrow is March, so hopefully spring is on the way.

No comments: