Wednesday, March 17, 2010

There's a first time for everything

If ever there is a time for a post, this is it.
My dad gave me a huge external drive for my computers several months ago and we have slowly been hauling pictures and music and things to the drive in order to keep the computers running as smoothly as possible.
Whenever anyone else gets onto one of the computers here they can't believe how slowly they run. So I figured this might help. It also is nice that Devyn likes to organize and name things. So some of the works was pretty easy for me, but that is beside the point! Anyway, once I got five years worth of pictures and music off of this laptop, I went to type something and the keyboard would not work. Oh oh! This could be a problem..... what did I uninstall that disabled the damn thing?
So I did what anyone else would do and turned off the machine and promptly forgot about the problem.
Fast forward a month-ish and I just turned the sucker on this evening and got snooping around the maintenance and performance sections of Windows. Low and behold I have returned the keyboard to a functional state and here I sit.
I was ready to hunker down for the evening and wait for this thing to tell me what to do. What a pleasant surprise! I even had time to look at motor homes and quads and other things I'd love to waste a bunch of money on!
Now I better lumber off to bed. Happily.

No comments: