Monday, December 15, 2008

Chilly

After a terribly cold weekend I went to work this morning and the temperature read minus 25 with a windchill making it feel like 35 below. It was meant to warm up during the day to a balmy -18 degrees. After yesterday this should be fine, but I didn't have to work yesterday.
So I rolled in at 6 AM for the voluntary early start to deal with the Christmas mail, and really lucked out. All I had to deliver was the afternoon portion of one guys walk. Not bad at all! I was only out in the cold for an hour and a half. A lot nicer than the usual 3 or 4 hour walk. But with 5 layers on my body, and two on my legs, I went out and really enjoyed the walk today. The cold doesn't really get to you when you are walking around. If I were standing out there it would be a different story.

Also had a call from mom last night offering up her ticket to the Oiler game for tomorrow. So I will be off to watch the Blackhawks and all their high-flying young stars. And Ales Hemsky has been incredible this year. It sure looks like it will be a whale of a game. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good one. The last one I was at a month ago was a real snoozer. You never know what you'll get at the games. But I will NEVER turn down an offer.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good thing you'll break up the cold with a trip to Africa-ca!!! Sounds like your enjoying yourself despite the cold. Better you than me my friend.
See you soon Tubby! And congrats to Dev, I hear she had a stellar semester?
xo.