Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Loonie

Loonie .... yup, it sure is. I have been keeping an eye on the CAN/USD exchange rate, and saw our Canadian dollar take a record one-day drop to settle at 81 cents. It has really been bouncing up and down, but I want to buy some more American money for the Africa trip. Last time I was in I got about 96 cents USD for my loonies. It would hurt a little more to go buy today.
I was hoping to hit 90 again and I'd be happy. Good thing I bought some when we were on par earlier this year. Phew.... but it's sure funny how it can change so fast.

And speaking of money I had a slow leak on my rear passenger tire of my car about a month ago. Finally got it repaired for $40 a week and a half ago. When I went for supper at grandma's on Sunday I left to find the same tire totally flat. When I got the chance to take it in today they told me there was sidewall damage and they could not repair this tire. So my free tire from Marty didn't even last a year. Now I'll have to decide where to get a new one. $150 seems a little steep. Bummer.

1 comment:

Mélanie said...

Just discovered your blog couz! I've been enjoying Sarah's and am jealous of your upcoming trip to Africa! (And Marty's too for that matter!) Australia would be nice too... miss Nik & Heidi TONS... oh well... not in the cards anytime soon for this fam of 5! It's all good ;) Love ya!