Sunday, November 16, 2008

And to my surprise.....

The tire didn't cost me nearly as much as the clowns at Fountain Tire quoted me. I was in St. Albert on Friday after dropping Dev at work and had some yummy homemade burgers at mom and dad's. When I arrived there, there was a bed in the doorway. Ahhh, grandma wants another bed at her place so she can have a spare room for visitors. Moving more stuff to/from grans. Story of our life lately it seems. But that's ok. She knows what she wants.
After dropping the bed we thought we'd go see if they could find me a new tire seeing as I couldn't repair the old one. After a short wait we determined that my free tires courtesy of Marty last year were discontinued - hence the good deal when I bought them. So they selected a new one that would match and told me they would call when it was ready. So we went and had those delicious burgers and Canadian Tire called. The guy took a measurement of the tread depth on the damaged tire and worked out the warranty for road hazards. Turns out there was 0% wear on the tire and I just had to pay the difference.
$37 later I had a brand new tire on, and the little donut back in the trunk.
I'm just left to wonder if those jokers at Fountain Tire will reimburse me for the $40 they charged to fix the flat the first time (which clearly did not work). At least I know where to take my tires when I need repairs.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So $150-$37= $113 leftover dollars to spend in Zambia!!! Like my logic??
Gran's dinner last night looked divine. Aaaaahhhh buta zup...