Thursday, March 24, 2011

Have I reached the perfect age?

I have been thinking lately that I might well have reached THE PERFECT AGE! Could it be? Maybe I had more energy years ago. Perhaps I didn't require as much sleep. When I am older, I might learn a thing or two.
Right now though, things are about as brilliant as I figure they can get. Why this train of thought? I was sitting in the pub waiting for the mechanic to call me to tell me the car was ready to be picked up (a story for another time). I had a seat in the corner of the bar, and a cold pint of Pilsner in hand. I was reading my Maclean's magazine about Harper and whether we would be going to the polls. But my ears were trained on the conversations going on around me. There were three older guys sitting to my right talking about granola, birds, and their toys. Three things I really like. I spend a good deal of time watching the birds flutter around my various feeders. I have also been looking for a really good cereal/granola/flax sort of thing to eat in the mornings before setting out on my walk. And who doesn't like talking about the toys they have or plan on getting?
To my left was a group of young kids. 3 girls and one dude. They were decked out in their U of A clothes, and funny hats. I happened to love hearing the, "dude" or "like" every couple of words. Seems like it is a filler when they use when they don't know what they want to say next. Well, they were talking about music, and snow boarding much of the time.
It all leads me to believe that I have found a balance between the generations where I can understand things like fishing, bird watching, and eating enough fibre. But snowboarding, and top 40 music is still all over my life. Either I am the oldest cool guy, or the coolest old guy. I'll

No comments: