Monday, January 28, 2008

It's SOOOO COLD!!!!

Welcome Winter!!!! What a blast of cold we are in the midst of right now..... Dad says his truck read 31 below zero and the radio tells us the wind made it feel like minus 46. All over the west is getting pounded too. We were hardest hit by the wind I'd say. Work was a wee bit harder than usual.
I wanted my camera to take a picture of myself. Toque and my Ed Hervey mask, scarf, all caked in frost. A parka, several layers underneath, pants, thermals, two pair socks, and my pants tight around the ankle to keep out the snow. I was trudging through snow drifts that were easily up to my knees. It was strangely exhilarating.
I had a route where I spent half of the day driving to businesses and the afternoon portion delivering to houses. I guess I was walking for almost two hours in the afternoon. On a normal day I am out walking for roughly4 hours so perhaps I got off light.
The beauty is that they told me I'll be on it for two whole days..... very rare for me. That means I'll be off in plenty of time to join dad at the Oiler game tomorrow. So mom decides to stay home because it's too cold. Hmmm, maybe the cold isn't so bad after all.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My brother...the optimist?! Who'd've ever guessed I'd say THAT in the same sentence. I guess I can't complain about the FREEZING 13 degree Celsius weather we're facing in New Delhi*hahaha*
Go Oilers Go!