Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Random goings on...

First off I'd like to proclaim that I have been a Rider's fan since before '89. Whenever I was old enough to be influenced by my parents and realize I had a small interest in football. So I am not sure when that was, but it's been a long time. Being a Rider fan in Edmonton is pretty cool though. Although the Riders can never escape with a win in Edmonton. They say the last time was 1999 or something silly. I can say I went to the game in July when my Uncle Emil was in town and the Rider's were up 20-1 at half and lost 21-20. Fitting, really. And to make matter worse (better) is they have gone on to win 5 straight. They haven't lost a game since they blew that one here.
Otherwise, I am back to work this evening after my first long weekend as an employee at Canada Post. I imagine it will be busy tonight, but I just hope things go smoothly. I had an earlier post about my first little "incident" on the first day, but a girl who started with me got into a real accident on Friday. I hope everything is okay with her, I feel sorry for her, and the fact that everyone will be talking. It's going to be hard for her to show up this evening.
And finally yesterday I was able to get out to the lake with my pops to do some fishing. I proudly proclaim that I caught three to my dad's one. So we will leave it to you to imagine that mine were also wayyyyy bigger. It was just brilliant to be out there though, and get a line in the water for the first time in at least a month. Here's hoping we have some nice days yet this fall so we can go molest some more walleye's.
For now though, time to go stand around and earn some money.

No comments: